The Characteristics of generated 22 Shrutis are :
1. The 24 Shrutis arise from the Natural Shruti-Nirman-Chakras out of which 22 are selected.
2. All 22 Shrutis complete a SRGM based mathematical cycle from Shadja to Upper Shadja accurately.
3. The 7 Natural swaras come accurately at their natural places.
4. The 3 extremely accurate Adjacent Ratios operate systematically and sequentially from Shadja to Upper Shadja. (Namely Poorna Shruti, Pramana Shruti and Nyuna Shruti)
5. The Mathematics are applicable to any Shadja (irrespective of the frequency of the starting Shadja).
6. Shadja-Madhyam Bhava exists between all the Shrutis.
7. Shadja-Pancham Bhava exists between all the Shrutis.
8. The 22 Shrutis are placed at Equiratioal points between S-S', S-P, S-M and S-g distances.
9. Many of these Shrutis have been known since ancient times, as a part of Ancient musical scales (Just Intonation, Pythagorean, Mesopotamian/Greek).
10. All 22 shrutis are interconnected by Shadja:Gandhar and Shadja:Pancham relationship only.
11.When 22 shrutis are played on "22-Shruti Harmonium","22-Shruti-Metallophone", or "22-Shruti Veena", or if we sing with the same, they make wonderful, melodic and extremely harmonic Indian Classical Music.
12. There is no dissonance even when several Shrutis in any Raga are played together on the 22-Shruti-Harmonium. This experience is not possible on Violin, Sarangi, Sitar, Sarod, Flute etc.
| Website inaugurated on the 2nd, 3rd February, 2008 by Achyut Godbole, Dr.N.Rajam and Pt. D.K.Datar.